Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
Slightly spicy and full of flavor; this will be your new favorite ranch dressing. Use it in all TexMex dishes or as a veggie dip.
- 4 Petit Jean hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup Coffee Rubbed Smoked Pork Butt pulled
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayo
- 3 small tomatillos husked and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- zest and juice of one small lime
- water as needed
To make the dressing
Combine ranch dressing mix, buttermilk, mayo, tomatillos, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno and lime juice and zest in a blender. Pulse several minutes until the ingredients are well combined and creamy. If the dressing is very thick, you can thin it with water adding 1 tablespoon at a time. I have had to use up to 1/3 of a cup before.