This quick-to-prepare baked apple pancake is an easy and delicious dish to serve for breakfast, brunch and even for dinner.
My mom and dad recently retired from running a bed and breakfast for over the last decade.
My parents have always been known for their killer breakfasts and my dad’s home-fried potatoes are to-die-for.
They may have moved on from the 24-hour job of innkeeping, but I still crave some of their most popular dishes like the Baked Apple Pancake I am sharing with you today. Fortunately, my mom is still willing to share her B&B recipes with me.
My mom insists that this recipe isn’t hers and that she found it somewhere many years ago. I have searched online and couldn’t find one that was similar. I always like to give credit where credit is due, so if any of you know the source please chime in in the comments.
Baked Apple Pancake
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 large apple, peeled, cored and sliced thin (I used a Gala.)
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
3 Tablespoons real maple syrup plus more for serving
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of flour
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the over to 350°F.
- Pour the melted butter into a glass pie plate and arrange the apple slices. Place into the microwave for about 2-3 minutes to soften the apples.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and pecans evenly over the apples. Drizzle with the maple syrup.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the pancake and blend until smooth.
- Pour the pancake batter over the prepared apple.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and the top springs back when touched.
- Serve with bacon and fresh orange juice.
One thought on “Baked Apple Pancake”
Yum. I’ll be making this soon!