Fresh herbs are popping up all over the garden and our chickens are busy laying a ton of eggs. It’s the perfect time of year for this tasty egg and herb salad.
This egg salad is light and fresh and tastes of spring. It goes great on a bed of baby kale or spring greens. It tastes delightful between slices of 12 grain bread or enveloped in a pillowy pita.
If you hard “boil” your eggs using my super simple oven method – this recipe is quick and easy to whip up.
Egg and Herb Salad
- 12 large eggs hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped herbs I used dill, thyme and parsley
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 Shallot finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise use more as needed
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss lightly to combine. Add more mayonnaise if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over a bed of baby kale or spring greens.